Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hillary's First Campaign Blog Post

Hillary Clinton has written the following post for the campaign blog. This is her first post, and follows up from the Hillcast video she released last Sunday.

It's now just over a month that I have been in to win.

It's been exciting and challenging and fun all at the same time. The people I have met have been terrific.

And we decided day one that this campaign would live as much on the web as in the living rooms - and the opening of the blog is just another in the many web firsts in this campaign, following the unprecedented announcement and three straight nights of live video chats.

I believe that the web is not only creating new forms of political dialogue but offering a new wave of opportunity for all Americans - and one of my highest priorities will be to make us number one again in the world in broadband. If we are not at the forefront of the web as a nation, we simply will not be able to keep up our role as the world's leading innovator. Net Neutrality is something that I am also fighting for now in the Senate so that the web remains open and democratic.

I appreciate the hundreds of thousands of you who are participating on this site in one form or another. This is truly the dialogue decade, and through the miracle of technology I can talk WITH you, not just at you. I will be holding more web chats soon, and I have started a "HillCast," a regular web broadcast that will be about some of the most important issues I am tackling. The first one was on my plan to end the war in Iraq and the next one will be on the energy crisis we are facing. I believe campaigns are about ideas - and how together we turn those ideas into action.

I have been reading through the comments you all have been making - many of them encouraging, some critical and some with great suggestions - all of them are appreciated. We have gotten off to an exceptional start, and in the coming months I look forward to talking with you more about my specific plans to restore what I call the promise of America, and I will look forward to your comments. Hopefully I will also see you out there on the campaign trail.

To make a comment, head to Hillary's website here.